Project Name: Eastern Gas Pipeline
Client: Alinta (originally BHP Petroleum and West Coast Energy, then Duke Energy International)
For one of Australia’s most ambitious infrastructure development projects, LandPartners provided a comprehensive surveying consultancy for the 800km Eastern Gas Pipeline between Vic and NSW.
The pipeline delivers natural gas from Bass Strait to industrial customers and communities, and includes extensions to Smithfield and Port Kembla, NSW.
LandPartners’ services during the planning, design and construction phases of the project included:
- route selection
- conducting a detailed survey of the proposed pipeline route
- GPS survey control for all facets of the project
- hydrographic surveys of river crossings
- major cadastral surveys
- locating underground services along the route
- surveying pipeline easements over public and private properties
- using a GIS cadastral database for land owner negotiations, preparation of easement plans and land management
- aerial mapping survey control
- preparing as constructed surveys
- negotiating with landowners, utilities, service providers and government agencies to agree on pipeline locations, and construction and licensing arrangements.